Gain invaluable experience within our Commercial Finance team in London through a 12 month, full time paid placement
We have a rolling 12 month placement available to support the Commercial Finance team in delivering timely and accurate KPI Reporting and Analysis to the Field Team, ideally for a student applying for a work placement. This position will report into the European Commercial Finance Senior Manager.
Within this work experience you can expect to gain exposure and build skills around the following finance areas:
- Build understanding of commercial finance processes and deliverables including KPI and payroll reporting to the field, system data integrity, P&L store reporting etc.
- Hands on Essbase and Oracle financial applications
- Excel training to an intermediate/advanced user level (including Vlookups, pivots & basic Macros)
- Responsible for weekly KPI and Payroll reporting to the field and stores, as well as Monthly P&L and Incentive reporting; investigates store reporting queries as applicable.
- Supports close analysis and accounting for the wider Europe Finance team.
- Partners with local IT team to ensure Essbase data integrity and supports the development and maintenance of new reporting.
- Supports Analysts with expense forecast processes through monthly reporting (actuals and forecast templates for business partners).
- Provides ad hoc analysis to support Field Team and FP&A & Commercial Finance.
Deliver specific reports on KPIs and Sales for the European Retail business weekly.
- Ideally on a university placement year with a strong interest in finance as a career
- Available to start as soon as possible
- Possibly studying towards another accountancy qualification such as AAT or CIMA
- Strong analytical skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrably high levels of drive, energy & innovation
- IT skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel to basic/intermediate level