Graduate Land Buyer - 12-month FTC
Nottingham - up to £25,000 DOE + Company Car/Car Allowance + Bonus & Benefits
Are you a Planning Graduate looking for a fantastic opportunity to work with a quality driven house builder?
If the answer is yes, we have an exciting opportunity for recent Graduate to join our Land Acquisition department on a 12-month fixed term contract as our Graduate Land Buyer, based at our Midlands regional offices based in Nottingham.
Avant Homes is pioneering change in the UK housebuilding industry by constantly challenging the status quo. We are restless in discovering better ways to design, specify and deliver outstanding homes - hugely ambitious and accelerating towards our next milestone of becoming a £500m turnover, 2,000 unit per annum developer.
To be considered as our Graduate Land Buyer, you must be:-
A recent University Graduate with an industry relevant planning degree, preferably accredited by the RTPI.
(Full training and support provided from the Land Director and Regional Land Managers)
- Assist in land acquisition / procurement, as per Group policies and processes to meet the Region's business plan.
- Source and secure land effectively for the immediate, short and medium term via the development of agent contacts; planning leads, methods of formal and informal tender and 'off market' land procurement.
- With the approval of the Snr Land Manager/Land Director produce and present land offers and negotiate best possible terms.
- Assist in achieving planning approvals, working with third party providers and with internal departments.
- Support the department to achieve and maintain a high profile with external property contacts, working relationships with local authorities, local agents, land owners and other developers within the Region's operating area.
- Assist the department in the process of determining, agreeing and delivering site start programmes and development programmes within agreed timescales.
- Actively manage communications and operational interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the Regional business plan.
- Assist in the production of effective and relevant legal documentation for each development or phase of development.
- Ensure that the Company maximises its compliance with Group product and specification.
- Any other duties as reasonably required.
Key Duties and Requirements
- A Planning degree or degree relevant to Planning e.g MSc in town Planning, BSc Property Development & Planning, MSc Urban & Regional Planning etc.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages
- A basic commercial awareness & Financial and Legal understanding
- Good knowledge of Construction Design Management Regulations
- Full UK Driving licence
Who are we looking for?
In order to be considered for the role of Graduate Land Buyer; you must possess an ambitious and driven attitude with a drive to learn and become a part of a rapidly growing business with the ability to work within a professional environment.
- An aptitude to combine strong organisational and communication skills with the ability to relate to all levels of staff and stakeholders, whilst also maintaining a keen desire to work in a quality driven business.
- A 'Can Do' attitude and smart appearance is vital as you will be presented to the business as a direct representative of the wider Land team and regional business.
- The ideal candidate Graduate Land Buyer will also convey a flexible attitude in relation to business needs.
If you are looking for your next challenge as our Graduate Land Buyer, then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.