Technical Support Assistant
Description and responsibilities:
A Technical Support Assistant is required to join this busy and friendly support department within an established and innovative digital technology company. This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a dedicated team that provides vital technical help, product testing and product training to major clients and their supplier networks in relation to digital products and services. The successful candidate will report to the Support Supervisors and will be based at the company head office in Whyteleafe, Surrey, although there may be occasions where the role requires you to work from home or to travel to meet new and existing clients.
Key duties and areas of responsibility include:
- Handling technical support queries, including complex queries received into the support department via telephone and email.
- Prioritising technical support tasks and resolving problems in a professional and timely manner.
- Liaising with clients, client supplier networks and internal colleagues in relation to technical support assistance.
- Digital product testing across web based platforms and device applications.
- Maintaining knowledge of the digital products and staying informed of the products' new features.
- Creating, updating and delivering product training materials in consultation with support team members and heads of department.
- Interpreting directives and implementing appropriate actions in accordance with procedures.
- Participating in meetings and project activities.
- Supporting Sales as and when required.
- Organising and updating data using central database applications.
- Adhering to policies and procedures relating to health and safety, digital and information security and proper use of equipment and materials.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- At lease 6-12 months working in a role where there has been demonstrable experience in dealing directly with enquiries and issues from multiple customers. Experience working on an IT Support Desk / Helpdesk or in a Call Centre would be desirable and advantageous
- Excellent communicator able to liaise with customer in a professional and courteous manner, over the phone via email and face to face
- Ability to work through problems with customers achieving positive outcomes
- Able to prioritise work and triage support calls
- Strong administration skills
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and within tight time constraints
- Well organised with ability to manage time effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and applications, including Excel
- General aptitude for problem solving and excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to learn coupled with a 'Can do' attitude
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working on an IT Support Desk / Helpdesk or in a Call Centre would be desirable and advantageous
- IT/Business related degree or similar
- Passion for technology
As the company is growing rapidly, my client is looking for a bright and enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn about all aspects of the company, and who is looking for a position and company that offers long term career development. Immediate interview/start for the right candidate.