We are looking for a Graduate Maintenance Engineer who is looking to enhance their experience and develop a career within manufacturing.
The successful candidate will be part of a team that provides 7 day / 24 hour support for the site services and utilities. Applications from candidates from either electrical and/or mechanical backgrounds will be considered. The role would suit a recently qualified technician, looking to build experience and knowledge on a wide range of site facilities, in a continuous manufacturing environment.
- Updating site maintenance database and coordinating maintenance tasks
- Hands on installation, commissioning and de-commissioning of electrical and mechanical plant and equipment
- Preparing bills of materials and placing orders to support maintenance and installation work
- Operational control of site Building Management System
- Compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental procedures
- Assisting with fixed wire testing and portable appliance testing, in accordance with site inspection and testing programmes
- Acting as member of the site Emergency Response Team.
- Creating and updating existing site drawings ( CAD and Solid Works)
- Operational procedure control and change management
- Providing technical support and supervision to vendors and contractors
- Provide support to other departments on ad hoc basis to satisfy business needs
Key Skills, Attributes and Qualifications Required:
- Electrical and or Mechanical ONC/level 3 qualification
- Time served electrical or mechanical apprenticeship
- C & G th Edition wiring regulations. (desirable)
- C & G 2392, 2394/5 electrical testing certificates with relevant experience in an industrial application. - (desirable)
- Must have a logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work on own initiative, or as a team with good communication skills
- Organised, highly motivated and disciplined with a 'Can Do', flexible attitude
- Ability to work within a clean room environment
- Strong IT skills and proficiency with MS Office packages
- CAD and or Solid Works proficient
- Prior experience working within a Facilities Maintenance department is desirable
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to achieving the business goals
A basic understanding on some of following building services:
- Process Cooling water systems
- 415V Electrical distribution
- HVAC ( temp and humidity - cleanroom air conditioning )
- Air compressors
- Large chillers
- Cooling towers
- High purity gas delivery systems
- De-Ionised water treatment plants
- Effluent control systems (pH neutralising)
- Process exhaust systems
- Industrial boilers
- Electrical testing (Fixed wire and PAT)
- Routine mechanical/electrical maintenance experience
- Understanding and knowledge of relevant statutory regulations.
- Working knowledge of Building Management Systems (desirable)
If you are a Graduate Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge then please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
For informal chat please phone ************ and ask for Stephen. Many thanks for your interest.