Title: Graduate Quantity Surveyor
Location: East Midlands Based - UK wide Projects
Salary: c. £20,000 - £25,000
An outstanding opportunity to join a company that is fully committed in developing its people to maintain its reputation as one of the best in the business.
This leading structural frame contractor is looking to secure the professional services of a Graduate Quantity Surveyor. As a specialist sub-contractor they offer a full turnkey solution to clients whilst also providing a variety of sustainable material options that include timber, steel, glulam, CLT and SiPs. As such candidates will ideally come from a Structural Steel / Timber frame background.
This Investor in People Company are achieving turnover that is outstripping pre-recession levels. This structural contractor is also part of a much larger group that is guaranteeing long term security and development.
- Minimum 1 years' experience working as a Quantity Surveyor (Structural Steelwork preferable)
- Qualifications to an HNC / HND level or above
- Good understanding and ability for operating the Microsoft office software
- Ability to work within allocated time scales to meet the requirements of clients
- Good punctuality, pro-active approach, communication and presentation skills
- Ambition to progress career
- Client facing experience
Job Specific Requirements:
- Reading and the ability to understand structural engineers' and architects general arrangement drawings, design reports & specifications.
- Engage with the supply chain and issue accurate enquiries and obtain compliant / competitive sub-contract quotations for elements of the works
- Maintain a good understanding of current market rates
- Produce detailed variation packages, including "Cause and Effect"
- Produce monthly Valuations/Applications for Payment
- Produce WIP reports for accurate Profit and Loss forecast
- Attend meetings with clients both pre and post award
- Have an understanding of the JCT and NEC forms of Sub Contract
If you are interested in this role please contact Rob Elford or Rhian Newman of ARV Solutions on *********** for a confidential discussion or click 'Apply' to submit your CV for consideration.
Key Skills: Timber, Steel, CLT, Graduate Quantity Surveyor, Commercial, Reports, Valuations, Sub Contractor Management, Client Facing, Career, Ambition