Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Simulation & Modelling Engineer to work across our key engineering programs, reporting into the Simulation & Modelling Manager. As a simulation & modelling engineer you will be responsible for performance analysis, developing 'digital twin' prototypes as well as running synthetic simulation testing of our newly developing or upgrading products. You will be required to support real component, system, ground and flight testing. This is an exciting time to join a growing department supporting problem solving, new system development, cost saving as well as new revenue growth opportunities across Cobham. The key qualities needed to be successful in this role are to be technically competent, creative and an innovative problem solver.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Simulation & Modelling Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience of using a performance modelling tool in a commercial environment or as part of a degree project.
- A sound knowledge of Physics & Maths, usually developed through a recent degree in Engineering or Science, although other relevant experience will be considered where appropriate.
- Self-motivated problem solver with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, reporting and presentation skills.
- A sound understanding of any or all of the following dynamic systems including fluid flow (compressible and incompressible), thermodynamics, aerodynamics, mechanics, electronics, system control, software and hardware.
- The ability to predict the pertinent characteristics using either recognised applications or generating models using standard modelling methods.
As a Simulation & Modelling Engineer your main responsibilities may involve:
- Use of any or all of the following modelling tools Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, ANSYS, Mentor Graphics, MscSoftware, Mathworks, Linux, Fortran, C++, Doors Rational Rhapsody, SysML, UML.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page