Our client designs and develops innovative software for HPC/supercomputer systems across the UK. They are advocates of open-source software and strongly believe in community-driven development. They have a wide customer base in multiple market sectors including academic/research institutions, banking, manufacturing and Formula 1.
The Graduate Software Developer Role:
The main purpose of this Graduate Software Developer role is to research, design and implement new software programs.
Some of the other key responsibilities of the Graduate Software Developer will include:
- Develop and integrate existing software programs and platforms
- Participate in group meetings and make presentations to your peers
- Be exposed to cutting-edge software technologies and methodologies and help to move the business forward
- Hands on design / implementation and testing
- Take full ownership and responsibility for delivery of your projects
- Help improve the team/company and product processes
- Be exposed to large scale computer systems and supercomputers, as well as emerging technologies such as public and private IaaS
Key Skills Required:
- All things software development
- Working individually as well as part of teams
- Your interests/skills have particular emphasis on open source software and Linux environments
- Working with others both technical and non-technical
- Solving problems; you understand that most business problems can be solved in numerous ways
The Ideal Candidate:
- A demonstrable open-source software background (e.g. github account and projects, etc.)
- Is a fast mover; you have a strong drive to build a career in cutting-edge development and administration.
- Has a can-do personality, comfortable with communication at all levels
- Has degree level education
- Has experience in scripting languages such as Bash, Ruby, Python
- Interested in web development using Ruby and client-side technologies
- Has a great attitude towards learning new and developing existing skills
In return, the Graduate Software Developer can expect;
- Exposure to challenging projects, cutting-edge technologies and daily learning opportunities
- Generous group pension scheme
- Small team with a relaxed working environment in a young up-and-coming company
- Training/book allowance
- Flexible working hours - we promote a healthy work/life balance culture
- Friendly social atmosphere
If you are interested in this Graduate Software Developer position, simply submit your CV via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Net-Recruit.
Keywords: Graduate, Software Developer, Linux, Github, Bash, Ruby, Python, Web, Development, C#, C++, .NET, Open-source, Bicester, Oxford, Oxfordshire