Graduate Solutions Test Engineer
Location: This position will be based in our R&D centers in either Uxbridge or Feltham, in the United Kingdom.
Application deadline: We review applications on an ongoing basis
Start date: August/September 2017
Can you demonstrate a real interest in technology/IT/Telecommunications, either through work experience or perhaps a hobby? If so we are actively seeking candidates for the Graduate Solution Test Engineer role as part of our Collaboration Conferencing Engineering products team which is a UK based specialist engineering centre for the design and implementation of the most technologically advanced video conferencing infrastructure solutions available in the market today.
We are expanding quickly and we are looking for very good 'A' levels or equivalents and a first or upper second degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Sciences or a related discipline. We are also looking for people who enjoy working in a very fast paced team, learning something new every day and graduates who are not afraid of taking on responsibility early on in their careers. In return we offer the opportunity to work alongside some of the best engineers in the industry on the most leading-edge products anywhere.
Primary Responsibilities of Graduate Solution Test Engineer:
* Defining, testing and documenting end-to-end customer-facing visual collaboration solutions
* Partner with Product Management (PM), Engineering (hardware and software), and Technical Marketing Engineering (TME) teams to define, test and validate, and document the solution architecture(s), features and user experience (UX)
* Develop architectural solution network topologies and solution test lab scenarios
* File defects found in defect tracking tools and follow through with software and hardware development and test teams to verify resolved defects
* Strong written & verbal communication skills
* Ability to multi-task and solve complex problems
* Ability to self-motivate with a strong desire to learn and ability to be flexible
* Proven track record of learning new technologies and features on own initiative
* A demonstrable passion for technology
* Good problem solving / troubleshooting skills, able to parse the symptom into possible causes and methodically isolate variables to determine the root cause
* Creative, imaginative, enjoys taking things apart to understand how they work, breaking things and figuring out how to fix them
Additional Skills of Successful Graduate Software Engineer (not required):
* Experience of TCP/IP networking, VoIP and Video applications
* Knowledge of C/C++ and Python
* Exposure to video and audio encoding and processing techniques and technologies
* Understanding of processor architectures
* Exposure to cryptography
* Communications and networking protocols
* B.Sc. / B.Eng. / M.Sc. / M.Eng from a top ranked University with a 2:1 or 1st class honours degree in the areas of Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or other analytical disciplines
* A minimum of AAB at 'A' level or equivalent
Due to graduate or recently graduated with undergraduate or graduate level degree Ability to live and work in the UK with no additional sponsorship from Cisco
Must be fluent in English
Are You Ready to Change the World?
Salary: . Date posted: 03/03/2017