Junior Project Manager/Graduate Project Manager
I am seeking a dynamic and proactive individual to step into a well established financial software development business - You do NOT need to have an IT/Software background to be suited to this job but you do need to be tech savvy with an interest in IT, software and technology. The role is very customer facing, you will need to manage multiple stakeholders, keep plenty of plates spinning and be very proactive.
The job will involve:
- Technical Training will be provided
- You will be a Customer focused Project Manager
- You will manage projects that are complex in terms of the number of stakeholders, you will be chasing, communicating, dealing with internal colleagues, customers, suppliers and external resources
- So you will be the main point of contact for the customer
This job will suit:
- Good communication skills. Accustomed to doing lots of client contact, managing expectations, providing frequency of communication, plenty of calls, web chats, follow up communications etc.
- Able to juggle and multi-task
- An understanding of technology, software and IT. We do NOT need you to have an IT degree or a background in software/development etc. You DO need to be able to pick up the terminology, be tech savvy and be interested in IT/software and development and this interest will then facilitate your learning.
- Leadership potential. As noted above there is the chance to progress here and join the Senior Management team in the business. We are ideally looking for someone who has leadership potential and people focus.
- Some project management experience. This is a dynamic and fast paced business so it's not an overly structured Prince 2 Methodology; you need to be able to plan and look at what issues might come up down the line rather than follow incredibly defined processes.
- After training you will need to be technical enough to liaise with developers, testers and the specification writers (not to solve their problems but to have a grasp of what's going on in their world)
- Finally to be passionate about exceeding customers' expectations when it comes to frequency of contact, levels of service and levels of courtesy
The jobs working environment, opportunities and rewards:
- Really dynamic and fast growing. Highly profitable. They have experienced 10x growth over the last 3 years (so they have tripled in size and turn-over)!
- A highly friendly and passionate team. They do quite a lot of social activities together (eg Escape Rooms). NOT an aggressive culture, they are caring and like pragmatic, down to earth characters who take pride in their work
- A highly innovative business, they are continually developing new solutions (they own their own products) AND looking at how to improve their business, systems and processes (there is a strong desire and passion for continuous improvement)
- They current have a headcount of 30. They are looking for people who have the potential to join the Senior Management Team in the future as the business continues with it's incredible growth curve
- Profits are re-invested into the business giving fantastic security.
- In this fast growing business you will really be able to see your impact, you can shape your role and really make a difference.
Reference: PH- EPR165332
This Junior Project Manager jobs role is based in Doncaster, commutable from Doncaster, Sheffield, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Barnsley, Worksop, Gainsborough, Yorkshire